Do you think that tree needs to be removed? ArborWorks Tree Care & Removal may have the solution to save it.
There are situations when a tree’s structural integrity may become jeopardized to the point that a rather radical approach needs to be taken to preserve it. This can be done by cabling or bracing. Cables or rods are actually installed in the tree; cables are placed up high in the branches, while rods are placed lower in the tree.
There are at least three instances when this procedure may be necessary:
> Mitigation – to minimize the possibility of a tree causing damage
> Prevention –to extend the life of a healthy tree that is structurally weak
> Restoration – to stabilize a tree that has been damaged
Since this is an extreme measure the following should be considered:
1. Is this tree healthy enough to withstand the cabling process?
2. Can I justify doing this to the tree or am I just trying to keep a tree that is at the end of its life?
3. Is this a good investment of my money?
4. Do I realize that this procedure may not save the tree?
5. Am I willing to have the cable inspected every year?
6. Am I willing to have the cable replaced in seven to ten years?
ArborWorks Tree Care & Removal installs the cables in a discreet manner so they are not obvious. You’ll have to look closely to see the cables after they have been installed.
Call us at 850-228-6738 for more information and to schedule a time for us to come out and assess your trees.